Terms & Conditions
Welcome to our Website
The term 'Edmunds and Clarke Furniture', 'Edmunds & Clarke Furniture' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Barton Road, Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, IP32 7BE. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. The cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We use the following tyoes of cookies on this website :
Essential shopping cart cookies
Cookies are used by the shopping cart to enable you to record a list of items you are interested in purchasing and then keep this information for later access so you can continue browsing the website. Cookies are also used to record when you have logged in to the website. These cookies are essential to enable the shopping cart to process your orders. These cookies are only set temporarily, and are not saved long term.
These cookies record which pages you viewed, options you select and information you enter during your visit to the website. This information is used to recommend content you will be interested in based on what you have looked at before. eg. Items you have viewed recently. These cookies are only set temporarily, and are not saved long term.
· The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
· Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
· Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
· This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
· All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
· Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
· From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the websites. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked websites.
· Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
About Us & Our Commitment to Quality
We are a small family run furniture shop that has been established since 1977. You can order on-line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Phone lines are open during normal shop opening hours, answerphone messages can be left any other time, and emails will be replied to at the earliest possible chance during working hours. When you receive a confirmation email of your order please check it carefully and alert us of any problems.
There are many more items of furniture displayed on this website than we can ever hold in stock. Therefore, if you are intending on viewing furniture before making a purchase, please call us prior to making a special trip to check whether we have certain items on display.
All measurements stated on this website are maximum external measurements.
Wood is a natural material and therefore cracks, splits, defects, filler etc may be present and are not seen to be a manufacturing defect. Items placed in an unsuitable climate cannot be guaranteed.
We make every effort to ensure our website displays our products consistently and acurately, but we regret colour display can vary between screens and some colours you see, may not precisely represent actual goods delivered. If in doubt, please visit our showroom where you can see actual finished samples on display.
Prices are for the item of furniture in the relevant photograph, NOT for any gifts or accessories shown to 'dress' furniture.
Prices & Payment
All prices quoted are in £ British Pounds Sterling and include all relevant taxes and VAT at the current UK rate.
The majority of our oak furniture ranges are priced as a pre built and finished item wrapped and packaged ready for delivery, and due to transport restrictions some parts may be detached and need a very small amount of assembly upon delivery. Unless otherwise stated all pine, painted and bespoke furniture will be delivered unwrapped and assembled.
Items of furniture ordered on-line will need to be paid for in full at the point of ordering.
Payment can be made via paypal on-line using a number of different card methods. Payment can also be made by card, please call our shop during normal opening hours. If you would like to pay by cash or cheque, please contact us prior to confirming your order.
Furniture will only be delivered when we are happy that all funds are cleared. We will advise you if your payment cannot be authorised and cleared for any reason.
Delivery costs are calculated as part of the checkout process, based upon delivery location (please view our delivery page for more information)
We offer NO credit facilities.
We always do our best to meet quoted lead times, however sometimes situations beyond our control may arise which can affect delivery times.
We will deliver your furniture to the address you supply when placing your order unless you let us know otherwise. For obvious reasons a suitable person will need to be available to receive delivery of your furniture. Items ordered with 'white glove' delivery will be delivered to your room of choice, providing there is suitable access. We can not accept returns of furniture purely because they will not fit into your home.
Once an item of furniture is delivered to you, all responsible is yours and this contract comes to an end 7 days after delivery.
Please note- We are not a free storage depot, we are happy to store your order for a maximum of 4 weeks after contacting you with a delivery date free of charge, after this time we have a charge of £15 per week which is added on to your order, this we feel is a fare price to the over all running costs of our building.
Returns & Cancellations
All damages and returns must be notified within 24 hours. All returns and collections will be charged at our standard delivery rate if an item is deemed to be in good working order. If an item has a genuine manufacturing defect we will collect free of charge and either repair or exchange the item and return it to you free of charge.
Returns must be in the original packaging.
Cancellations can only be made up to 7 days before delivery.
Bespoke items and items in our special offers section carry no guarantee and are not subject to our returns policy.
Edmunds and Clarke Furniture is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Edmunds and Clarke Furniture may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 13th September 2011.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
· name and job title
· contact information including email address
· demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
· other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
· Internal record keeping.
· We may use the information to improve our products and services.
· We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
· From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on-line.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
· whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
· if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Edmunds and Clarke Furniture, Barton Road, Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, IP32 7BE.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Edmunds and Clarke Furniture and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Edmunds and Clarke Furniture. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Edmunds and Clarke Furniture takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of Edmunds and Clarke Furniture - © Edmunds and Clarke Furniture 2013. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
· you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
· you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.